Groundwater Week is the premier annual event for education, networking, and new products in the groundwater industry. In striving to maintain this position, Groundwater Week 2023 will be offering a full lineup of educational offerings including a poster presentation session December 5 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
NGWA is seeking abstracts from full-time undergraduate and graduate students for poster presentations — research information in the form of a paper poster that conference participants may view — promoting scientific studies and data designed to be relevant to, and benefiting, the various sectors of groundwater industry professionals.
Students who submit abstracts should be enrolled in a program that is groundwater-industry related, such as hydrogeology, water resource management, water well construction and supply, geology, etc.
In addition to the opportunity to present their research to the groundwater community, students whose abstracts are accepted for presentation will be evaluated during Groundwater Week by two or more judges. The four students with the highest scores will receive a $1,000 Farvolden Scholarship, which is made in memory of Robert Farvolden of the University of Waterloo and former NGWA director of science and technology.
Categories for submissions
- Geophysical Techniques and Applications
- Groundwater Awareness and Resources
- Groundwater Data Management
- Groundwater Modeling
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Groundwater Quality and Sustainability
- Groundwater Remediation
- Managed Aquifer Recharge
- Water Well Technology and Application
- Anything Else Groundwater
General submission information
- Title — 15-word limit
- Presentation abstract — 300-word limit
- Format — all submissions must be written in sentence form without bullet points
- Review — all submissions will be reviewed by NGWA’s director of science and technology and notified of acceptance by October 20, 2023
- Schedule at Groundwater Week — the poster session is on Tuesday, December 5 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Deadline for submissions — October 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT
NGWA is using a new system for abstract submissions this year. Follow the steps and tips below for navigating the submission process.
Create an account
The new abstract submission system is NOT linked to your NGWA membership so you will need to enter your name and email address. After creating your account, you will receive a password with a link to the portal. Click here to get started.
Create your presenter bio
Be prepared to enter the following contact information for the presenting author and any coauthors —
- Personal biography (limit 1,000 characters and include only your recent history)
- Job title
- Photo (optional).
Enter your presentation information
- Presentation title — 15-words or less
- Presentation abstract — 300-words or less
- Add any coauthors (bio information above is required).
- Presenting author will register for Groundwater Week by November 3, 2023.
- Accepted authors will commit to participating in person at the poster session December 5, 2023 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- All presentations will focus on technology transfer without any sales pitches.
- Student is an active member of NGWA. Not a member? Register now for NGWA’s FREE student membership.
- NGWA does not cover presenters’ registration fees or travel expenses. Upon acceptance, presenters will receive a coupon code for 25% off the conference fee.
- Upon acceptance, poster size requirements will be emailed to the presenting author.
Make your submission
All submissions must be made online via our conference management platform and are due by October 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
OFFICAL SPONSOR OF THE FARVOLDEN SCHOLARSHIPS