Call for Educational Programming Submissions
Share your knowledge and help the groundwater industry prosper and grow! NGWA is soliciting educational programming submissions for 2021 Groundwater Week + Virtual Summit. The call for submissions is structured as noted below. All submissions must be made via our online submission platform are due by May 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
In-person workshops will be held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Each workshop will be allocated 60 minutes and each actual presentation should be at least 52 minutes in length or it will be ineligible for state-recognized continuing education credit.
Submissions for these workshops should reflect new and improved technologies, current industry application, and influences with ramifications to the groundwater industry and those who work in it.
Submissions are being sought in these major topic areas:
- Business management and diversification
- Drilling operations and well construction
- Geothermal operations
- Groundwater monitoring
- Safe practice
- Water quality
- Water systems installation and operation
- Well maintenance and rehabilitation
- Well owner outreach and education.
Summit is taking place virtually with offerings to include:
- Conference sessions — 20-minute presentations focusing on research or practical application results
- Poster sessions — these 20-minute segments must include supporting graphics or visual displays
- Extended learning sessions — 90-minute slots allowing for more in-depth exploration of current groundwater science and technology
- Workshops — 60-minute segments intended to present specific concepts and outcomes on current groundwater issues.
Submissions, which will be evaluated on current and relevant groundwater research, practical application, and overall impact to groundwater science and the industry, and are being sought in these major topic areas:
- Groundwater remediation
- Groundwater quality and sustainability
- Managed aquifer recharge
- Anything else groundwater.