The Groundwater Foundation is a nonprofit organization operated by NGWA connecting people, businesses, and communities through local groundwater education and action, making everyone a part of the solution for clean, sustainable groundwater. Participate in one or all of the Foundation events, have fun, and help support the future of groundwater!
Groundwater Guardian in Your Community:
Groundwater Foundation Symposium
Tuesday, December 3, 1-4 p.m.
Rediscover the importance of your work and how it connects you with your community and its groundwater!
Join the Groundwater Foundation for an afternoon of sessions that will provide you the tools and resources to recharge groundwater protection and education in your community and be recognized as a Groundwater Guardian.
- 1 p.m. — Welcome and Introductions by Jeffrey Williams, MGWC, CVCLD, Groundwater Foundation Board Chair, and Groundwater Foundation staff
- 1:30 p.m. — “Groundwater Quality and Community Involvement” presented by Jeremy Michael, Environmental Supervisor, and Heather Ray, Environmental Health Specialist, Mecklenburg County Groundwater and Wastewater Services, Charlotte, North Carolina; Chris Barnett, Executive Director, Lawrence Community Development Corp., Lawrence, Indiana; and Jason Doerflein, Wellfield Protection Program Manager, Marion County Public Health Dept., Indiana
- 2:30 p.m. — “Innovations to Protect Community Water Supplies” presented by Andy Belanger, Director of Public Service, Southern Nevada Water Authority, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Vincent Sarmineto, Board President, Orange County Water District, California
- 3:15 p.m. — “Collaboratively Protecting Groundwater Through Community Education” presented by Tim McLelland, Manager, Hamilton to New Baltimore Groundwater Consortium, Fairfield, Ohio, and Michelle Simmons, Environmental Manager, City of Dayton, Ohio.
Please note this lineup is current as of November 14, 2019 and may be subject to change.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
SILVER SPONSOR — those dedicated to groundwater protection and education
• Southern Nevada Water Authority
EVENT PARTNERS — those who promote groundwater protection and education
• Bayer: Water Utilization Center
• Central Platte Natural Resources District
• Cresline Plastic Pipe Co. Inc.
• Lewis and Clark Natural Resources District
• Milby Co.