Friday, December 8, 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Conclude your Groundwater Week 2023 experience with this optional event — a private guided tour of Hoover Dam! Taking place Friday, December 8, this tour will offer you the opportunity to:
- Visit historic tour tunnels and ride the original elevator to the top of Hoover Dam
- Walk through the inspection tunnels at the center of Hoover Dam
- View the Colorado River through the inspection ventilation shaft
- Visit the viewing platform overlooking a 30-foot diameter penstock — feel the vibration created by water rushing through the pipe
- See eight of the commercial generators in the Nevada Powerhouse
- Enjoy a 360-degree view of the dam, Colorado River, Lake Mead, and Hoover Bypass Bridge from the observation deck.
- 7:30 a.m. — Check-in at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino (Groundwater Week headquarters hotel)
- 7:45 a.m. — Depart the Westgate
- 8:45 a.m. — Arrive at Hoover Dam
- 9:00 a.m. — Private dam and power plant tour
- 10:00 a.m. — Explore the visitor and education center, observation deck, gift shop, and café
- 11:30 a.m. — Depart Hoover Dam
- 12:30 p.m. — Return to Westgate
Cost is $100 per person if you register on or before November 3 and $110 per person starting November 4. Price includes roundtrip charter bus transportation from the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, tour ticket, and water and snacks on the bus.