Important Information for Our International Attendees
The National Ground Water Association welcomes all who have interest in groundwater to attend Groundwater Week. This event is the premier, one-stop experience and marketplace for the groundwater industry--offering exposure to both the scientific/technical and practical application of knowledge, products, and technology pertinent to the resource. In addition to the exposition/tradeshow, Groundwater Week/Summit features conference sessions, workshops, demonstration areas, and networking opportunities.
If you are an international visitor to Groundwater Week/Summit, we remind you that the United States government has instituted new, tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants. The turnaround time for most visa applications is 30 days; however, these requirements may lengthen the amount of time it takes to process your visa application. It is recommended you apply for your visa two to three months before your scheduled trip to avoid delays in processing. (You may contact the U. S. Embassy or Consulate for current wait times.) Early attention to the requirement is advised.
Generally, international travelers need a visa to enter the Unite States. However, travelers from certain eligible countries may be able to visit the U.S. without a visa, through the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you are from a country that does not participate in the VWP, you will need to make an appointment with your U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Documentation such as an invitation letter demonstrates the purpose of your trip is to either attend or exhibit at Groundwater Week/Summit and that you intend to return home.
After registering for Groundwater Week/Summit, you will have the opportunity to request a letter of invitation.
- Only registered Groundwater Week/Summit attendees and exhibitors qualify for the Letter of Invitation. No letter will be issued to non-registered persons.
- The Letter of Invitation will ONLY be sent via email to the email address that you provide. The Letter of Invitation cannot be emailed or sent to the Embassy or U.S. Consulate.
- NGWA cannot refund registration fees after the registration cut-off date (November 1) due to an individual's inability to obtain a visa, so please file your paperwork as far in advance as possible to be eligible for a refund prior to the registration cut-off date.
- After you print your personalized letter, you can attach a copy of your 2018 Groundwater Week/Summit registration confirmation to use in your visa interview.
- We recommend you review your U.S. Embassy or Consulate’s website for any special requirements