Attendee lists for sale
Every year exhibitors will receive offers via email that say the company can sell them the Groundwater Week attendee list (with email addresses!).
These are always a scam! NGWA does not, and never has, provided attendee information to anyone other than exhibitors and sponsors of the show.
Here are a few things you can do in order not to be scammed.
- First, try to find their presence on the web by typing in the domain name from their email address into a browser and see what appears.
- Next, I always do a search on https://www.whois.com/. This will sometimes show you who owns the domain name.
- Lastly, look to see if they have any contact information (phone number or physical address listed in their email) or information regarding how to opt out of their emails. These are required for all commercial marketing messages by both the United States’ SPAM-ACT and Canada’s CAN-SPAM Act. All legitimate businesses list these in marketing messages.
If you do receive a scam, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that I can update this page with the latest information.
Global Elite Travel Group (and any other travel group contacting you that say they represent NGWA or Groundwater Week)
This group sent out emails that stated they were accepting reservations for NGWA 2018 — National Ground Water Week.
There is no “official” independent group (like Global Elite Travel) representing NGWA or the Westgate with respect to Groundwater Week.
Those wishing to stay at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino (NGWA headquarters hotel) should book directly through Westgate either online at https://book.passkey.com/go/SNGW9R or over the phone by calling (800) 635-7711 and providing the NGWA Groundwater Week group code SNGW9R.
Other Miscellaneous Scammers
The following individuals/companies have been reported to be contacting Groundwater Week attendees or exhibitors. These companies and individuals are not affiliated with NGWA or Groundwater Week in any manner. (Note: This list is updated as additional companies are reported.)
- Demand Generation Executive
- Global Elite Travel Group
- Cathy Russell mailto:email@example.com
- Belinda Smith mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Levicoff mailto:email@example.com
- Julie Jack firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Apaza email@example.com
- Claire Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Cooper email@example.com
- James Allan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Burton email@example.com
- Kate Parker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natalie Portman email@example.com
- Jennifer Steven firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Perez email@example.com
- Ryan Smith mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org